Wednesday, October 10, 2007

we're still here!

I have way neglected our blog... Although we've been busy, we've been doing really well. Here's an update:

Mason found out a little over a week ago that he will be defending his thesis on October 19th. That was about a month earlier than he expected/hoped but there is a bright side in that he will be done a month earlier! He's been working on it night and day since then and still has about a week to go. Other than a couple of surprises, I think it is going well. Mason may tell you differently but he was in really good spirits yesterday because he got so much accomplished so that was really good. I'm so proud of him! He's working so hard and I know that he will be blessed for his efforts!

I am doing well too... school is keeping me very busy but I'm really enjoying it. It's hard to believe that I'm already half way through the semester. Last week was kind-of a rough week because I was so uncomfortable. I must have hit a growth spirt or something because I hurt! It was difficult to sleep, sitting was uncomfortable, standing made me tired, I just couldn't get comfortable. It's all worth it though and I feel a lot better now. :)

This past weekend Mason and I had the opportunity to General Conference in Salt Lake. The weather was pretty crummy the whole weekend but we were still happy to be there. Even the weather couldn't dampen the spirit of conference. There is just such an awesome energy in the air as you are around temple square and such. We met my parents and my brothers and sisters who are going to school in Rexburg so it was a lot of fun to spend some time with them even though it was short.

No comments: