Although it was a rough trip for many reasons, we did have fun.... Andrew was our comic relief at almost every turn.
"Fry Ball" was invented
Andrew: "Mommy, I'm playing fry ball."
Me, distracted because I was driving: "That's great honey."
several minutes pass until I see a fry flying through the air out of the corner of my eye, "Andrew!! What are you doing?"
Andrew: "I already told you, I'm playing fry ball!"
I glanced back and quickly learned what fry ball was: Andrew was tossing french fries into the pocket on the back of the seat in front of him. Which reminds me that i should probably clean that out...
There's no bible here!
We spent all but two nights in hotel rooms so Andrew became well acquainted with hotels. (He thought it was awesome but I grew tired of lugging our bags in an out...) He quickly learned that hotel rooms have a bible in the table between the beds. Every time we got a new room, he would run in and check out the drawer.
The first night, he was so excited, "Mommy, mommy! They left a bible for us!"
Except in one room I heard, "We can't stay here Mommy! There's no bible!" He was very disappointed.
Mommy's mommy...
At one point, Andrew was observing something and talking from the back seat (it was actually a constant stream of chatter coming from back there). He tried to get my attention but I was distracting trying to make a turn or something. Sensing that it was no use, he changed his focus and said, "Hey mommy's mommy..." Meaning my mom. I actually missed it totally (that dang turn) but my mom thought it was pretty cute.
2 comments:
fry ball! that is hilarious! ok, all the comments are cute!
I haven't checked your blog in a while.
so sorry to hear what you have been going through with Connor. So happy you have a diagnosis, and a treatment that sounds like it is working. seizures are HORRIBLE, sorry you are dealing with them so often! please let me know what we can do!
Post a Comment