- Mason got very sick a week ago and went to the ER because he was having difficulty breathing. They diagnosed him with pneumonia. Poor guy.
- I was worried about Connor getting it with his suppressed immune system and I was concerned that Mason wasn't getting enough rest (how can you rest with a grumpy gus and a captain chaos!!)
- I decided to take Connor and Andrew with me to my folks' in Craig so Mason could sleep and (hopefully) get better more quickly. I felt terrible deserting him with him being so sick but I also felt like I was doing more harm than good staying there.
- So we've spent the last week in Craig. We were only supposed to be here until Friday but Mason wasn't feeling much better and a storm blew in. We're leaving today during a break in the storm (hopefully).
- We're very much looking forward to a quiet and peaceful Thanksgiving. It will be pretty low key but that's just what the doctor ordered... literally!
- I've been reducing Connor's ACTH injection and he's now on 15 units/day.
- He started smiling again! It's pretty quick and you have to be watching to catch it because he won't do it again right away but yes, we've seen some smiles here and there. He's also starting to wiggle and move about more. Poor kiddo, he's just been miserable monster who can hardly move for the past months or so.
- We are SO thankful that he's starting to get back to his old self again. We hardly remember what that was like way back in August... !!
- I've taken a few pics here and there (I've been debating as to whether or not I really wanted to remember this or not) but getting them downloaded has proven far to difficult.
Monday, November 22, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Just a little update on our lives...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment