
we baked some cookies on sunday morning before church for some special family members who were having birthdays. when i was done mixing, mason went for the mixer beater as usual and started eating the cookie dough.
(special note: i did so good! i didn't even lick my fingers! it used to be that when i was baking cookies i'd eat 2 or 3 cookies worth in just dough... then i'd be so sick i couldn't finish baking the rest.)
andrew saw mason eating the dough and so he wanted some too. mason looked at me to see if it was ok. i said yes... but ...

i thought i'd be such a cool mom if i let my kids to that. now i realize that eating a whole cake mix worth of cake batter is not really a smart thing to do. growing up ruins all the fun sometimes!

i don't mind andrew having a little sugar once in a while, especially for birthdays and stuff, but i don't want him to eat a lot of sugar. particularly because i've had such a terrible time with it.

so... even though the pictures might not show it, andrew didn't have much cookie dough at all. he was pleased because he got to have what daddy was having and i was pleased that he didn't eat too much and bounce of the walls at church. he usually does that without sugar!
i never thought i'd be "that" mom, but i guess i am!
3 comments:
I told myself I wouldn't let Gillian watch that much tv...well sometimes it is a necessity! I guess we Mom's all make concessions. By the way, I love your background and everything! I love your quotes too, it is good to read every so often about being a mother and its importance.
Growing Pains...
Post a Comment