Saturday, February 21, 2009

our new house

everything went well yesterday with the house inspection. we have a couple things here and there that need some work and one or two things that will need our attention in the next year or so but overall, everything is good with the house. we made a list of all that we want to do to the house whether immediately when we get keys or in the future as we have money so we'll have to prioritize that at some point. but it's basically move in ready other than having the carpets cleaned and painting.

our kitchen... obviously. with a special surprise above the stove!

we're debating whether to leave it up or not... what do you think?
just kidding... i wonder how many coats of primer it's going to take?

the living room from the dining room

it's a tri-level so this is taken from the living room showing the stairs going up and the stairs going down. the bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs and the family room, garage and laundry room is downstairs.

those aren't all the pictures i took but they are the most interesting ones. the rest are just exterior pics of the backyard. we were going to try and get a garden in this year - so i took a bunch of pics so we could decide where to put it - but then we decided that it is probably too much to do to try and put it in this year. i meant to get more interior pics but i got distracted and never got back to it. i want to be sure and get some pics of how it looks now and then we can compare in a couple years after we've had some time (and money hopefully) to fix it up and make it ours. i love before and after pics!

8 comments:

The Benfields said...

I am so excited for you guys! It looks so spacious! (Anything is compared to an apartment though...) Let me know when I can help you out...I can paint with the best of them...what a bizare mural.

Korryn said...

How exciting for you! I didn't even know you were looking for a house....it looks like one we looked at...I love the mural, very classic (hee, hee).

codyandmeag said...

Awesome digs! Can't wait to see it.

valumama said...

YAY! It looks so roomy!

Kimberly and Aaron said...

I am so excited for you to move in! We'd love to have you over for dinner some time since we'll practically be neighbors. I really dig the train mural thing. All you need is a conductor hat and you're set. :)

Shannon And Tyler said...

Nice House. It looks all big and fancy. I think you should leave the train mural on the wall it adds character.

Unknown said...

Looks very wonderful! It is great to have a home of your own!

Anonymous said...

The house looks awesome!