Friday, July 27, 2007

Our Camping Adventure!





At the beginning of the summer we knew that this would be a busy one. Mason and I had the opportunity to do wedding photography a lot (which we love) but it also meant that we couldn't go camping on those particular weekends. So, we decided to go the weekend after Girls Camp (since I never really unpack anyway). I was quite proud of myself because I kept remembering to grab this and that (my mind has not been the same since I got pregnant so my memory is significantly worse). Mason got home from work, we packed up the car and off we went. I was scanning my brain trying to think of any last minute things we might have missed as we pulled away and, I thought, we've it all! We decided to go out to Poudre Canyon just because it's close and it's fun to camp by the river even though we knew that it would be crowded. We decided that since it was for only one night, we could handle some neighbors. As we started the drive up the canyon, we found it to be a little more crowded than we anticipated. But that wasn't all. We (I) realized that we forgot to bring cash or even our checkbook to pay for the campsite. Mason had his debit card but nothing else. At first we thought, "We're honest people. We'll just talk to the ranger, explain our situation and get an address to mail the payment to when we get home." We knew we were good for the money and that we would pay when we got home, but after a few more miles of driving we decided that we probably wouldn't be able to tell convince the ranger that and have him actually believe us. Unfortunate but we didn't want to risk an $100 fine or even worse. So we turned around totally bummed because the best we could do now is camp in our backyard. But then I remembered that there is a KOA right at the base of the road leading up the canyon and they were sure to take debit cards! We pulled in there, got a campsite much to our delight but we were laughing the whole time because we were at a KOA probably no more than 15 miles from our house!!! But we had a lot of fun anyway. Our neighbors were a bunch of motorcycle guys from Minnesota traveling around the west. They laughed at us a bit with our Colorado license plates staying at a KOA in Colorado, and we just thought, if they only knew! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww u guys are so cute camping at the koa! ha ha ha that was a funny story. i have a funny story for you all, call me sometime i think you would esp. appreciate it stacey!
post some more pics! hows the nursery coming?
love you
ash*