Wednesday, January 5, 2011

our not so quiet quiet time

 We moved the boys into the same room and, overall, it's gone really well.  In fact, they are actually getting closer - Andrew is more accepting of and loving towards Connor - since the move.    However, one day during quiet time I heard Andrew giggling and Connor fussying.... I opened the bedroom door and saw this (actually I made Andrew get back in the crib for the sake of the picture.  He knew he was in trouble so he quickly got out when I opened the door).
 
Andrew got a toothbrush holder, filled it with shampoo and then using a tooth flosser, proceeded to "shave" his face and Connor's too.

 Both boys' cheeks broke out after all the shampoo, they have such sensitive skin.

 There was shampoo everywhere!!  In fact, two days later, when I went to cut Anders' hair, his hair suddenly foamed up when I sprayed it with water.  I thought  I had gotten him all clean....  :)

 I should have hosted a greased pig contest!

Just like Daddy....

I'm actually very thankful for the blog... When I first went in the room, I wanted to scream at all the mess.  But, I knew that somebody would probably find this funny if I posted it and so I ran and grabbed the camera.  Then I was able to see the humor in it too.  I'm grateful that I took a moment to think about it before I reacted.  He'll only be this age once, after all.


What wasn't funny, however, was that in the process of getting everything cleaned up, Anders rubbed his eyes.  I felt so bad!!  I finally got them rinsed and got him calmed down and he just looked so miserable.
  I said, "Let me take a picture of your poor little face," feeling sorry for him.
I came back with the camera and he said, "My face is poor!"  I need to be more careful what I say I guess.

4 comments:

Heather said...

great outlook, mama! Poor guy's eyes break my heart, but you did good staying calm and turning this into blog fodder!

Lynne said...

I'm sorry for laughing - but it is funny. Well, probably because I didn't have to clean up the mess. I really think the whole scrapbook/blog/capture the memory mentality that has overtaken us really does help keep a better perspective. I know many people who quickly capture the pic & that allows time to calm down & gather perspective. You're a GREAT mom!

Carrie and Spencer said...

Thanks Stacey!! Your stories about Andrew always make me smile. I think its because 1. I'm not the one who has to clean up after him and 2. It reminds me of the adventures I will one day get to share with the blogging world too!

McKenzie Johnson said...

Wow your such a good mom to not yell at him. Your so right about them being this age once we have to always remember to keep our cool!