Monday, December 14, 2009

andrew's train cake

mason and i had a lot of fun making andrew's birthday cake this year. it didn't turn out exactly how we'd thought it would but we decided that we'd set too high expectations.

i think mason was expecting a model train except with cake and frosting. he cut the cake from the bread pans and he cut in so much detail, i was afraid we would rip it apart when we were frosting it. but it worked!! and i've watched too many episodes of 'ace of cakes' on the food network... i was expecting a professional creation not a homegrown circus cake.

but once we realized that this was indeed andrew's cake and not ours (i'm only half joking!) we had a lot of fun doing it. :) i got the giggles so bad at one point... i think i was high on powdered sugar fumes!

we made two cars in addition to the engine and the caboose. one for andrew and one for his grandma judy who shares his birthday. and once we were done with it, mason and i were both pleased with the outcome. i think andrew and judy were too! :)

5 comments:

The Benfields said...

i am way impressed! you guys did a fantastic job...in fact...mason should totally apply to work at ace of cakes! that would be totally awesome to work for duff. love the cake!

Erin said...

Just amazing!! Way to go you guys!! Can I hire you for an end of December birthday??????

Korryn said...

very impressive! you can come to my house at birthday time!

Andrews family said...

That cake is beyond anything I could have imagined, let alone created! Forget sending Mason back to school... he should be a cake maker!

The Miz said...

I have to agree with everyone else and if I could spell superb I would say it was superb. ;)