Thursday, October 2, 2008

we're not winning any parenting awards!

bad parenting #1... so andrew found a new toy last night. i've been trying to keep pens and other such things away from him but somehow he always finds them. there must be a stash under the couch or something. so he inadvertently drew all over his face luckily missing his eyes and other important features on his face.

bad parenting #2... mason and i had chili for dinner on sunday night (it was delicious!!!). andrew was done eating his dinner but was still sitting in his highchair while mason and i ate. without really thinking about it, i picked out a bean and gave it to him. then mason did the same and then i did the same thing again. andrew eats just about everything so he ate them right up. we didn't think too of it until the next day when i got him up from his nap, changed his diaper and he had diarrhea! and the diarrhea caused a BAD diaper rash. i felt (and feel since we're still recovering) so bad for the little guy! we wanted to give him as much air time for his little bum as possible since that helps it the most. so mason cut a diaper in just the right place so that his little bum could get some much needed air. it was pretty cute to see him crawling around with his little bare bum. i should have taken a picture!

4 comments:

JP said...

The diaper cut in all the right places made me giggle! :)

valumama said...

ah, what's a little ink on the skin compared to a happy baby... refer to our road trip entertainment we have done...
sad about the diaper rash... way to go on the creative diaper altering so he is still guarded but exposed:)

Lynne said...

John would come home from kindergarten with his face covered with marks from felt tip pens. His kindergarten teacher even gave him a set at the end of the year. Sadly, I didn't take a single picture. Would it help if I tell you he'll eventually grow out of it? :)

Love your pics & stories.

Nikki said...

Ha ha, I love it Stacey! I wish I could have seen the cut out diaper! I think most parents can relate - yesterday when I wasn't looking Nick ate the tips off his crayons (right after coloring on the couch of course), and this morning his poo looked like it was full of colorful confetti. I might post some pictures of him with blue wax in his teeth.