Tuesday, March 18, 2008
tagged ... baby names
Andrew is named after two great men...
I have always loved the name Andrew. Andrew also happens to be Mason's middle name so even before we were married I thought it would be cute to name our son that someday. We got the name Hinckley from President Gordon B. Hinckley, the 15th president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. President Hinckley has been extremely influential in both of our lives. As we were talking about the name, Mason and I thought it would be neat someday to teach Andrew about what a great man President Hinckley was and why Mason and I cared for him so. We thought it might be inspiring to Andrew to try and emulate some of the wonderful qualities that President Hinckley had in honor of his namesake. President Hinckley passed away shortly after Andrew was born and I was grateful, when I heard of his passing, that we had chosen to name Andrew after him.
I tag anyone and everyone who wants to share where their baby name(s) came from. It's fun to hear! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love his name - it is meaningful and it sounds great too.
He's such an adorable little boy! I bet he grows up to be just like his daddy. ;-) Hope you're doing well! Happy Early Easter!!
Post a Comment