Tuesday, March 11, 2008

family photos

a couple weekends ago, we visited mason's mom and step dad in erie, colorado. i thought it would be a good opportunity to have another family picture taken since our last one was taken in the hospital and andrew obviously has changed quite a bit. so we planned on getting our pictures taken on saturday. i'm learning that with children, especially young children, it's better not to have a plan at all because they have their own plans and it has absolutely nothing to do with what you want to do! :) it's a hard lesson for me to learn because i'm the type of person that has to plan to be spontaneous! :) so anyway, trying to find the "perfect" time for our pictures was more difficult than i thought... and here's a sampling of what we got...


bless little andrew's heart, he'd just woken up from a nap and he was hungry. so much for timing! so, i didn't get the perfect little family picture i was wanting but i did have a great laugh looking at these pictures!! :)

8 comments:

valumama said...

I love the pictures! and I must say, your hair looks fantastic, so the planning paid of on that:)
the commentary of the 3 month pictures is too perfect... totally looks like what he is saying.
My parents are going to the same mission your brother just came home from. I just didn't remember exactly how to spell it... They have heard only good things about it.

Nikki said...

I thought taking pictures with our dog was hard until we had a baby. I feel your pain - but even the "imperfect" ones are awfully funny and a good record of real life. I love seeing your sweet little man - he is growing so quickly!

Stacey said...

that's funny about my hair... we'd just come in from a walk (it was such a nice day that day!) and we realized that we had a small window of opportunity open with andrew (we didn't realize how small) so we hurried and started taking pictures. i felt a little wind blown to be honest but thanks! :)

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

very cute family. how are you guys? we miss you a lot! we hope all is well and that you are having a great spring. andrew looks great..he's getting so big! so cute!

Joseph, Erin, Sarah, 'Lil Joe and Muloki the Wonder Dog said...

Let me know if you are ever able to get that perfect picture, what you did...

if you ever see a "perfect" Witters family picture be suspicious--you will know photo shop was behind it.

Cute hair Stacy

Carrie and Spencer said...

I think you guys are an adroable family...even if the photos didnt turn out just right. ;-) Its the thought that counts!

Andrews family said...

Lookin good, Taggart family! I can't believe how fast our little boys are growing!!

Tiffany, Joe and Bailee said...

Thanks Stacey!
So far lasagna has worked for us and thats all i've tried so far.... I'll keep you updated with what I find