then sunday we finally made it to church, albeit slightly late (thankfully there was a lot of ward business). i woke up at 5:00 a.m. to feed him, then got in the shower, got dressed, dried my hair, fed him again at 7:30, got him dressed, put on my makeup and off we were! needless to say, by the time church was over, i was exhausted! but i was so thankful to be able to go to church again. that's one of those things that you don't realize how much you need until you can't do it for awhile. and anders did great... i guess there was some grunting during elders quorum ... but other than that, it was great! here's the little outfit i put andrew in for his first church experience.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
wonderful weekend
this past weekend was an exceptionally good one. my birthday was on saturday so we took it easy that morning and then mason and i went on our first official date since anders was born! we had such a great time! (thanks to janette allen who watched anders for us). i wish we would have taken a pic of mason and i because we looked good! :) at least mason looked great and i felt great because it was the first time since december that i've worn something other than p.j.'s and jeans. it's the little things right!? we went to p.f. changs and had a great time talking and laughing. and much to my delight, we talked about much more than just andrew... although the cute little guy did come up quite a bit in the conversation! :)
then sunday we finally made it to church, albeit slightly late (thankfully there was a lot of ward business). i woke up at 5:00 a.m. to feed him, then got in the shower, got dressed, dried my hair, fed him again at 7:30, got him dressed, put on my makeup and off we were! needless to say, by the time church was over, i was exhausted! but i was so thankful to be able to go to church again. that's one of those things that you don't realize how much you need until you can't do it for awhile. and anders did great... i guess there was some grunting during elders quorum ... but other than that, it was great! here's the little outfit i put andrew in for his first church experience.

then sunday we finally made it to church, albeit slightly late (thankfully there was a lot of ward business). i woke up at 5:00 a.m. to feed him, then got in the shower, got dressed, dried my hair, fed him again at 7:30, got him dressed, put on my makeup and off we were! needless to say, by the time church was over, i was exhausted! but i was so thankful to be able to go to church again. that's one of those things that you don't realize how much you need until you can't do it for awhile. and anders did great... i guess there was some grunting during elders quorum ... but other than that, it was great! here's the little outfit i put andrew in for his first church experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow - he is really starting to get some meat on him! He is so cute, I love it! Going out to dinner or getting to church make a huge difference in the way you feel - it surprised me the first time to discover how much more like a normal human I felt, so I'm glad you have that chance now. Next time I'm in town I will definitely call.
Have you read the Babywise book? I saw your link to a blog about it. I read it and to be honest, mt first impression was that it is poorly written and has an arrogant tone to it - and I didn't agree with everything they presented as fact - but I implemented the parts of the program that I did agree with, and was amazed to find Nick slept through the night as soon as he was big enough to. So there might be something to their method! I gave Erin a copy of the book too.
There is a lot that I like about it... it makes sense to me from a logical stand point. I'm trying to take from it what I like. Like you, I'm using parts and then ignoring the stuff I don't agree with or the stuff that doesn't work for us. :) I think the book gives you an idea of the philosophy but it lacks a lot of the particulars that I wish were more outlined in depth and detail. That's why I like the blog because it's a real life mom using it at home rather than some doctor talking about it in his office. :)
Makes sense - thanks for the link to the blog!
I was thinking about how it also must be challenging for you to figure out how programs (theirs or any other) need to be modified for a preemie. I'm impressed by how great you guys do with your little angel. He looks amazing.
So I was going to use Babywise too! I hear ya on it not always making the most sense and what not, but one of my friends down here used it for all 3 of her kids and she loved it. I figure we should at least try it, and see what does and doesn't work.
I was also glad to hear that you were able to go on a date with Mason and take Anders to church, that is exciting! We hope to see you soon!!!
hi amanda!
that's the stage we're in now...figuring out what works for us and what doesn't. overall i think it's giving us a good backbone to build from. i'll be excited to hear what you think here in a couple months after you've tried it. i think it will be most valuable as our kids get older...
Post a Comment