Friday, January 11, 2008

We've got some growing to do!

This morning I went to change Anders clothes but unfortunately, all his preemie outfits were downstairs in the dryer. I thought I was being so productive yesterday but I never made it back upstairs with all the laundry. Anyway... I found what I thought was the smallest newborn clothes we had... but as you can see, they are still too big! I've got his little pants pulled up to his armpits and they're still rolled at the bottom. :) We'll get there buddy!

This is Andrew's lamb. It saved us when we brought him home so now it's a very important feature in his nursery. Earlier in the fall, my mom came to Fort Collins and we were doing some shopping at a second hand baby store and she found this lamb. She thought it was cute (plus the fact that my dad used to be a sheep rancher so it's got added meaning) so she bought it for him. We got it home and Mason & I figured out that it was actually a white noise maker except that the white noise actually sounded a lot more like radio static than anything else. :) Fast forward to Anders' first night ... what a fiasco! I think he woke up at least every hour and sometimes more. In spite of all our exhaustion and fatigue the next day, Mason and I were desperately trying to think of what we could do to get him to sleep better. Since he was so used to all the noise of the NICU we figured our house was just too quiet. And then we remembered the lamb! Mason grabbed him off the book shelf and after some experimenting with the different sounds (we finally settled on static-y ocean waves crashing against a shore) we put it with Anders for his nap. It worked like a charm! Now when it's time for Anders to go down, we just flick on the lamb and within seconds his eyes start getting heavy! :)

3 comments:

Tiffany, Joe and Bailee said...

Andrew is so cute! I can't wait to meet him :-D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are already professionals :) We love you and we're excited to see more pictures of that BABY!!! :)

Stefanie said...

Looks like he has some growing to do.